Sound/Voice Recording problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prisonbreak94

In Runtime
Hi guys,

I'm trying to record some of my speech with my Logitech QuickCam E3500 which has a built in microphone, but for some reason I'm having problems.

I've tried Audacity and Windows Sound Recorder, for some reason, it doesn't record my speech. I know you would think there's maybe a problem with the microphone or the webcam, but no, I use skype daily and it works fine. The webcam has its software called Logitech QuickCam and when I open it, it gives me the option to record a video for example, I click it, it records my video but there is no sound.

The settings on the computer are arranged as they should be, the microphone is set to the built in QuickCam E3500 microphone, so what's the deal here? It works with skype, but it doesn't work with sound recording or even speech recognition. Any help will be appreciated.

You might need to setup the mic in windows.

As a real quick check, use a ear bud headset and plug it in the mic 3.5mm plug. It should work as a mic. Any 3.5mm plug headset should work.

Also double check your setup. I just setup a new headset, and Vista can be pretty perticular.

The settings on the computer are arranged as they should be, the microphone is set to the built in QuickCam E3500 microphone, so what's the deal here? It works with skype, but it doesn't work with sound recording or even speech recognition. Any help will be appreciated.

Make sure you have the mic selected under the settings options in the QuickCam program settings. Same goes with your sound recording software. It must be set as the default recording device on your computer AND in the software you are using to record the sound. On my software for the cam there is actually an option to select my 'sound' drivers as the mic... Lol so weird.

Here's a screen shot... everything seems to be set up as required. So why is it not working? argh

Attachments

• micr scrshot.jpg
    micr scrshot.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 70
I dont believe that you can use a WebCam's mic to record audio when it is not in use. I have tried it with things like Vent myself with my WebCam and still have not been able to get it working. Yet i can use it in a Video call just fine. I have to switch to my other Mic to talk on Vent or record my audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom