what psu fits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin Man

muffin enthusiast
hi all,

my friend recently got an hp compaq d530 usdt. he wants to upgrade the gpu, but he would have to upgrade the psu to supply it. i tried searching for one, but i dont know what kind of psu fits in this little pc.

Odds are it is only available through HP. Since it is a Compaq model the HP site is next to useless. :/ He will probably have to either call or chat with someone at HP.

wow that baby is some custom psu.
Trotter is right HP or ebay will be your best bets.
Here is one where I found a pic of it.
HP Compaq d530 USDT Power Supply ( HP-L1520F3P ) (item 32427344) - Lelong.com.my

Also for updating the gpu, there is not pci-e slot on that board. You also need a low profile short card to fit in that case. It may not be in the cards for him and it might be better to save the money for something else ie new build.

He will probably spend around $150 and that is a third of the way to a pretty nice new build.

i actually came across that pic myself but i failed to find anywhere where it said the watt output. it says it only ships to within malaysia anyway.

also, i looked at the manual for the pc online and found that it has one pci slot available and thats fine. he said he only needs a card to take some of the load off the cpu so by no means is a high/mid level gaming card neccessary
thx for the help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom