CRT vs. LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I was really looking to take advantage of the digital port on the graphics card. Are there any CRTÂ’s less than $450 will good gaming specs and a digital hookup, not just analog? The one I showed originally was perfect with the exception of no Digital.

Any ideas?

I would say that lcds are good for portability, offices, and moms n pops who just surf the internet. Yah crts are the way to go for gaming even though there big and bulky. I know everyone has already said crts are better,but lol oh well, 1 more persons oppinion doesnt hurt

I had an LCD for a while, and believe me, it sucked in gaming. That thing couldn't get over like 35FPS, and the ghoting was horriffic. If you do get an LCD, it needs to be like 16ms or lower response time.

Ghosting is always a major problem with regular LCD's

The LCD's with response time less than 16ms atleast are pretty good for gaming. Though they turn out to be quite expensive.

N' if your a serious gamer n' would want to stick with an LCD itself ...then consider an LCD with a response time no more than 12ms.

My 2 cents :)

Alex81388 - i dont know why your so conserned about digital input... it only takes a proccess away from the monitor to allow quicker responce or less overhead or something or other.

the cheapest CRT is still as good or better then the most expensive LCD.

like what was mentioned above... if your using this monitor just mainly for gaming, and your not moving it around a lot.. nothing can beat the CRT.

there are other advantages to CRT when it comes to gaming as well... on LCD u have to use it at its native resolution... but on CRT u can run any game at for exampel - 1000x700 and it will look the same as 1600x1200 on a LCD. so u can save processing power by lowering resolution, and using it more for textures/rendering.

Well if you say so - then I guess I'll go with that 900B.

I figured they were better but I guess im overhyping the digital input :/ .

Thanks for everyone's help!

Always appreciated.

agree with the rest, CRT is the way to go. There are gaming LCD's that look incredible, but they are so incredibly expensive that it's not feasible for the normal person.

Yep CRT is the way of the gamer, even moreso if, like me, ur into ur FPS'ers!

My last 3 purchases of Doom3, Painkiller and FarCry confirm this:p

If u move ur pc around alot, have limited space, don't care much for gaming and have loadsa cash then go for a LCD.

Anyway Cathrode Ray Tube Monitors are coming back!
CRT's will never be totally replaced by LCD screens for 3 big reasons.
Brightness, Cheap to build, and a huge amout of manufacturing experience.
Matsushita(spelling?) have got around the bulkiness by doing away with one big tube and having thousands of small ones to make up the image, this means that CRT's can be produced in the future that are no more than 100mm deep!!

Now Panasonic among others are reportedly investing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom