(Audio\Sound) genius who solves this

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabla

Solid State Member
Hello
My problem is as follows: i have reinstalled winxp(Home Edition), i formatted my c partition and installed windows, afterwards i installed all updates and all codecs(divx xvid even codecs packs).
Since then every movie i play no matter what player, there is a gap between the audio and video. The movies are just fine they don't have a sync problem.
Furthermore, it seems to me that even in windows itself there is a problem, for example in error message i see the box and afterwards hear the beep.
Before the reinstallation there were no problems, i tried reinstalling again and nothing.
Please help me. any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

my specs
intel motherboard d865perl
nvidia geforce4 128 ddr
memory 256ddr
onboard soundcard soundmax

without codecs i can't see divx\xvid movies. but even without them the problem exist, for example mpeg files and dvd.

you need the newest sound card drivers...download them and tell me what happens

also get the newest videocard drivers

i have the newest drivers for both of them, i also tried with the originals, but the same problem.

i didn't add any new hardware, all i did is a fresh win xp installation (from win xp) and suddenly i get this problem from nowhere.
i reinstalled windows for the third time and every time the same problem.

try an older versions of your codec. you have something conflicting with one of them. if possible reinstall windows but only install the single codec that your movie requires and make sure you install and older version first. maybe try with an old version that you know worked.

was this movie always having problems? maybe its the file and not your codec

i tried doing what you suggested, but it didn't help. the movie files are good because before i reinstalled windows they worked perfectly.
i don't think the problem is with the codecs, its with windows configuration.
help please!!!

afterwards i installed all updates and all codecs(divx xvid even codecs packs)
If you mean the Microsoft CODEC packs, you're missing a lot.

Sound being out of sync with the video is a classic Codec problem. Figure out EXACTLY what format the file was coded in, download the appropriate codec (from the web, not MS) and try it. Also update your video and sound drivers, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom