Graphics card Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we will need new cards when DX11 does come out, Back in the day when DX7 was the top, then the next one came out but all the cards could still use it and it was that way right up to DX9 I think DX10 was just too different and needed something the older cards didn't have, but all the DX10 cards will more than likely be able to use DX11.

Dauntae

I don't think we will need new cards when DX11 does come out, Back in the day when DX7 was the top, then the next one came out but all the cards could still use it and it was that way right up to DX9 I think DX10 was just too different and needed something the older cards didn't have, but all the DX10 cards will more than likely be able to use DX11.

Dauntae

Im not 100% on this but i think the cards actually need to support any new DirectX hardware wise, not just software wise.

Dauntae

I'm pretty sure....wait....absolutely sure that we will need DX11 compliant cards for DX11. These are not the days back when DX7 to DX8 was mostly a bunch of API software upgrades. Plus, they are already announcing DX11 compliant GPUs.

Anyway, my point is, my card is #16 on the list, like #11 out of the single GPU ones. In order to make a real upgrade, I'd have to go for one of the top 4 cards. Spending that kind of money on hardware that will not fully support DX11, which should be coming before the end of the year (both for W7 and Vista) just doesn't seem like an intelligent move at this point.

Im looking at buying at gtx 260(192core) for $150 locally...would this card be a significant improvement over my 8800gts(g92)? But with all this DX11 stuff should i just wait?

i think i might buy this card as well...but i'll wait till the new dx 11 cards come out.
Plus, by then im hoping some better drivers are out and $150 is an amaing price ..
I remember spending $600 for my ultra so $150 shouldn't be a problem!

i think i might buy this card as well...but i'll wait till the new dx 11 cards come out.
Plus, by then im hoping some better drivers are out and $150 is an amaing price ..
I remember spending $600 for my ultra so $150 shouldn't be a problem!

Ya, at this point, the HD 4870's and C216's are so equally priced.. its just a matter of choosing which brand you are more loyal towards, or which company you want to try out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom