Fallout 3 Crash to desktop - solution here

Status
Not open for further replies.
definitely worth the investment. It can't cost more than $30 retail now. FO3 is the best game I have played this year no doubt. It worked with me right out of the "box" no problems..I vote you should try it!

:laughing: As I say, I'm WAY tempted -- I love that kind of apocalyptic FPS game, but... I'm.... not so confident in my technical powers. :freak:

I guess it's not so much money and all, but one of the gamers (I think it was at Gamespy?) was saying he got it and when it crashed so many different times and he couldn't fix it figured it was his box, so he spent "over a thousand" to upgrade and got the exact same C2D he had before and wanted to beat his dog afterwards.

But back OT, it seems like there's so many different problems and so many suggested solutions but none of them seem to be *The One* but you say it has worked for you, no problems?

Can you say what your PC config is?

F

It worked for me and plenty others no problem. That person who "spent over a thousand dollars" creating a new pc obviously didn't exhaust all other resources before hand. I doubt that whole exaggeration altogether tbh;). I am not familiar with all of FO3's technical issues because I never had one problem, but I think it has been out long enough that there would be patches etc. If you are wary, make sure and check the minimum sys requirements of the game before you buy.

I am just tellin ya, It worked flawless for me really was a great game. I just don't see the risk. Every game has their issues. But hey, to each their own, if you don't want to risk it then that's cool:)

Well, my opinion is this: despite all the problems I've had with the game I continued to play it. Never has a game with buggy issues kept my interest because it's typically not worth it. FO3 on the other hand has SO much to offer that the issues, while annoying, haven't been bad enough to keep me away. I haven't played it in a while for various reasons, but the game is simply amazing..'nuff said.

Hello everyone, I'm trying to find a solution to the same problems in Fallout 3. The game just randomly crashes down, throwing me out to the desktop in like every 10 minutes. I'm not really a computerhead and I don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

One main option would be do a clean boot (XP, Vista). This would be after you have updated and configured the FFDShows.

Another is to ditch all your mods (if you are using them). My problems came from one or more of the mods I was using. Once I dropped them, it worked fine. I added a few back in and haven't had the problems again. I have yet to find which it was, or what combination, but I haven't reinstalled FO3 since I went to Win7.

I crash rarely during gameplay - even with movies and such- what happens to my Fo3 is that when I go to exit the game - it hangs forever.

It will black screen and never return to windows - I have to CRT ALT DEL and go in through the Manager to end the process and return to windows - any ideas why?

Hi guys, I'm having an infuriating problem with Fallout 3 (I'm on the Australian version FYI).

Ok, went to EB Games, bought a genuine copy, and I've installed the game on my new pc:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400
6GB DDR3 1333
ATI HD EAH4890 1GB
Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR Motherboard
1000GB Seagate SATA

I definietely have the system specs to run this game on ultra quality, and have done on an XP Pro install before loading Vista Home Premium 32-Bit onto my machine...Yet when I install the game, games for windows live and the G.E.C.K. all fine, I get to the main screen of the game, go to load a new game, it thinks and loads for a little bit...then CTD's. No warning, just a "fallout3.exe has stopped working" message from Vista. :mad:

I've gone through all the steps suggested by others on this post - yet to absolutely no avail. I must have installed and uninstalled the game 10 times, installed the 3.0 .NET Framework, Installed ALL the current patches for the game, I don't have ffdshow on my comp, installed it and made an exception for fallout3.exe, didn't work...And done about 2 dozen driver updates...

Does anyone HAVE a solution to this? I love this game and I'm not going to be pleased if my system is never going to be able to run it!! :( I've tried everything I can think of, please help!

Thanks Guys!

My problem is that mine always crashes at the computer screen in the overseers office in the vault when trying to open the escape door. This crashes every time. As I did a quick save prior to this, I can quickly get on the computer screen, go to the last line to open the door, which it does, but then can't get off the screen, as soon as I go to any other lines i.e. the security reports etc the screen crashes, very occasionally it will then go the BSOD, and when rebooted, windows says the crash was due to ATI driver problem.

Prior to this I had a couple of crashes at the GOAT test, but did manage to get past that point, however I can't get out of the vault.

I have quad core Q9650 (overclocked)
4gb ram
saphire 4870
asus p5q deluxe MB
x-fi sound card
vista ultimate 32bit oem.

latest drivers for graphics and UK 1.5 patch.

anyone else had crashes at this point?

Maybe try rolling back your drivers or use some beta drivers. What size power supply do you have?

this game is just **** for stability.

some people get lucky, some people dont.

there is no known cure-all yet.

why are elder scroll engines so unstable?!?!?!?! :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom