Swapping out case fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

In Runtime
hello everyone quick question.

I am wanting to swap out my current case fans for some different ones, that will hopefully help keep it cooler. So, my question is are these case fans simply plug and play? Can I just unplug them and plug in new ones and everything will be peachy?

Here is my current case

Newegg.com - XION Solaris XON-401 Black with Green LED Light Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450W Power Supply - Computer Cases

I would like to get new fans that cool better and possibly a new color.
Also, sound is an issue, as my computer is DVD player currently. If you have any recommendations please feel free to let me know.

I was thinking something like this..

Logisys UV Blue Dual Cold Cathode 120mm Fan: CrazyPC Computers

yes they are plug and play

I personally like Scythes, but the fan is really up to you, just look around, find some you think look good and have good performance

case fans are the simplest thing you can replace.

There is no "optimal setting" for anyone.....more speed = more cooling and noise, less speed = less cooling and noise. Its all user preference.

look for the high cfm ratings, and try to find some with decent noise levels among those.

The quality of the bearings and the design of the blades will also influence the cfm to db ratio. And the price too! :) Papst is another very good brand to check out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom