Need help building a Gaming Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finboy

Solid State Member
Hi, i would like to build a gaming computer for around 700 dollars ( w/o monitor). But do not know what to use.I spent hours looking at newegg only to be confused by the many reviews.

i have XP pro laying around here somewhere but was thinking of upgrading to vista

i have XP pro laying around here somewhere but was thinking of upgrading to vista

You might want to use the XP, and buy W7 when it comes out instead of Vista. Probably be worth the wait.

Okay. i probably will then. i was thinking of using the i7 intel cpu i have heard a lot of good things about them. but i have heard bad things too and they're expensive

Okay. i probably will then. i was thinking of using the i7 intel cpu i have heard a lot of good things about them. but i have heard bad things too and they're expensive

Very expensive, yes; I believe around $900 is the minimum for a decent i7 system.

$700 will not get you an i7 build.
In your price range the AMD phenom II or E8500 will be your best bang for your buck.

absolutely. for $700 you will be able to play most games maxed out.
So you need monitor, keyboard and mouse as well for your $700?
someone will put a build together for you soon. I am better at i7 builds than other ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom