CRT vs. LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex81388

Daemon Poster
Hey, I've basically narrrows a search down to two monitors:

CRT:
http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product_Id=3997620&JRSource=linkshare.datafeed.LGE+900B

LCD:
http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=627156

Im worried about refresh rates. Ive used the LG StudioWorks 995e a bunch, and the CRT above is the next version up for that.
But it would be great to save some space. Also, the LCD has a 700:1 contrast ratio. AND the LCD has the Digital hookup to my card, which would be great.

I ONLY want to buy the LCD if im SURE it will be fine compared to the CRT.

Mostly will be used for faster games. Any suggestions?

O yeah if it matters, the card is: nVIDIA GeForce 6800 Video Card 128mb

yes, CRT has higher resolutions, better colors, higher refresh rates, better response time

a CRT is what u need for gaming

TheMajor said:
CRT, no doubt

DITTO! For gaming DITTO!

however, if you are into the LAN scene then LCD's are way easier to carry...

other things to consider: expense and warranty. most crt's will cost 1/2 to 1/3 of LCD's, and the warranties are 2 to 3 times longer.

I gamed about a year with a laptop with 14" lcd and it worked just fine. colors were nice and deep and there was never any tailing. the picture was clear and sharp, no need for adjusting the image. it's also nice that lcds don't flicker. only thing that i didnt like was the scaling to other than the standard resolution. texts look a bit funny, but this tells that the scaling feature wasn't good with this monitor.

Im currently using a 19" LG CRT, but when it dies out (hopefully not in many years), i'll have to concider about gettin a lcd. they're gettin better and better all the time. and cheaper.

LoTeX said:
I gamed about a year with a laptop with 14" lcd and it worked just fine. colors were nice and deep and there was never any tailing. the picture was clear and sharp, no need for adjusting the image. it's also nice that lcds don't flicker. only thing that i didnt like was the scaling to other than the standard resolution. texts look a bit funny, but this tells that the scaling feature wasn't good with this monitor.

Im currently using a 19" LG CRT, but when it dies out (hopefully not in many years), i'll have to concider about gettin a lcd. they're gettin better and better all the time. and cheaper.

why did u get a CRT?¿

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom