Rate My Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vista sees 4GB , I have 4GB in the slots. I've just checked another site and it says vista 32-bit recognized up to 4GB of ram, so I'm good.

Attachments

• ram.jpg
    ram.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 46
You need to get Vista 64-bit. You're running 4gb of RAM with a 512mb video card. Not all your RAM is being recognized.

Are you saying you paid that much in USD for that build? I really hope that's not the cost of stuff on average in Turkey...that would suck. :\ For that kind of money around here, you could buy a sweet i7 build with multiple monitors or video cards.

EDIT: Weird that it recognizes all of it. It shouldn't. Did you check the task manager?

Ah your right. On task manager it recognizes a total of 3326MB of ram.
That's still fine for now, the computer performs perfectly fine, whether I'm gaming or whatever.

To be honest, Turkey has high prices for things that are coming from outside the country.

On a side note, however, I would like to remind you that I got this build September 2008, and as far as I'm concerned, at that time, i7 wasn't out, and most of this stuff that I got was pretty good for the time (and still is).

Here is how much I paid for each component (then you can tell me if it is very high, normal or expensive for each)

-Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.16Ghz 64bit 6MB Cache 1333FSB 45Nm -> 222$,
-Zotac 9800GTX+ GDDR3 512MB -> 250$ (was one of the best cards I could find at the time and its amazing still)
-Asus P5Q3 Deluxe WiFi-AP DDR3 1600MHz -> 271$
-Corsair 4x1 GB Ram XMS3 DHX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 NVIDIA Ram -> 169$ for all 4
-Seagate 500GB 32MB Sata2 7200.11 NCQ Hard Disk -> 82$
-Cooler Master RC-690 460W nVidia SLI Compatible ATX Black case -> 149$
-High Power Absolute Power 650W PSU -> 149$
-Samsung SH-S223 22X Double Layer Lightscribe Sata DVD writer -> 30$
-Philips 22'' 220XW8FB LCD monitor -> 365$
-Logitech X230 2+1 32W RMS Sound System -> 63$
-Microsoft XP Pro English -> 162$ (Turkish version was noticably cheaper but I prefer english - expensive though right?)
- A4 Tech Gaming keyboard -> 10$
- A4 Tech Gaming mouse -> 25$
- Powersonic 1000VA LINE INTERACTIVE UPS -> 121$,

Total: 2068$
VAT / TAX: 206$

There. So what do you think of those prices. Remember once more, I got them in September 2008 when some of that stuff was pretty good and i7 was still not out.

Considering it was back in September, it's not that bad price wise. Little more, but not as bad as I thought.

I thought you bought all this stuff in the past week or something, lol...sorry. Guess I didn't read the whole first post. :p

Hehe, no problem my friend =)

Its a nice system and hopefully I'll be able to upgrade it later on for decent prices. I'm going to wait a bit and then maybe I can pursue an i7 processor and an extra ram once windows 7 is out I guess. And a new graphics card perhaps...Perhaps..one day :p

Luke - I have DDR3 ram, not DDR2.

sorry, i did not notice that edit.... I should have said it better, if you have a x58 chipset, then you usually get 6gb of ddr3

if you think the bsod's are ram related run memtest with all four dimms in, if you get errors then take out 2. If you don't get errors anymore then you may want to get a 2x2 kit. But if the bsod's are not frequent then i would not bother.

Hehe, no problem my friend =)

Its a nice system and hopefully I'll be able to upgrade it later on for decent prices. I'm going to wait a bit and then maybe I can pursue an i7 processor and an extra ram once windows 7 is out I guess. And a new graphics card perhaps...Perhaps..one day :p

If you want i7 you'll need more than that! You'll HAVE to get all new ram and HAVE to get a new motherboard.

He wont need new ram, i7 works just as good in dual channel, he will need a new mobo however but you can really use everything else.

I would say your biggest shortfall is your GPU. That looks a little pricey for a 9800GTX+ but I can't really remember how much they cost back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom