Graphics Card question

Status
Not open for further replies.
LFC. You only have PCI slots, or do you have a PCI-E slot? I'm assuming you have a pre-built computer, so if you could post the make and model number of it, we can help you out more thoroughly.

Oh........ I read pci-expansion as express.

Wow, my bad... I've also asked for more specs though.

Atual;ly, no my 1st post is okay...........

What vista build doesn't have pci-e? Knew i was not dumb.

Oh........ I read pci-expansion as express.

Wow, my bad... I've also asked for more specs though.

Atual;ly, no my 1st post is okay...........

What vista build doesn't have pci-e? Knew i was not dumb.

I read it differently than you, so I just want to make sure that we're both getting the same information, so if he could post whether or not he has PCI-E or not would help a lot :D

I have a foxconn 45gm/45cm mobo. I looked at the pci slots and I think they are PCI 16 will these still fit? they are the right size but will they still work?

I have a foxconn 45gm/45cm mobo. I looked at the pci slots and I think they are PCI 16 will these still fit? they are the right size but will they still work?

Perfect.. Yes the card will. For your learning of the day, PCI and PCI-e are different. PCI-e is longer looking, the circled one.

20071026021809060945gm3ic3.jpg

Found this on google.

Next important question....... What case? It's a small board so case room is important.

toxicity_27

Actually, I miss read untill you pointed it out..... But remembered having read it was Vista... so I was like pheeeeeew.

The case is just a gerneric case that come with the pc, it is a big one not a small one like you get with those dell optiplex things so I think there will be plenty of room. So for future reference I do have PCI express then yes?

And also thanks you for the help, tomorrow I am going to buy the graphics card when my new card arrives through the post.

Yha you do have PCI-e x16, but as i first stated 2.0 is backwards compatible.

Watch out for the posties..., There's a post on here about their incompitance down in off topic i think.

It's alright I am buying on a credit card so if it don't arrive it wont cost me anything. Paypal is also alright for buying on the web, and you find that 9 times out of 10 private courriers deliver the parcels royal mail don't really deliver any computer equipment I have purchased apart from RAM as they can just be posted through the door. But i will check the posties thread in the other section.

This card has a slot for a hdmi cable so does that mean I will be able to get sound through this cable on my tv without having to connect a separate sound lead like I do when I use a VGA cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom