Graphics card Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
the HD 4650 is also pretty decent.. an 8600GT or GT is also in the < $50 range that can actually run some games well

except for the fact his budget is as ABSOLUTLY LOW as possible... that card I listed was 20 bucks.

Dealnew.com has had some killer deals on decent cards in the past, but I can't seem to find any ATM.

His budget may be as low as possible, but that doesn't matter if you buy a card that barely does anything for a gaming upgrade, so he would be wasting 20 bucks...

You can get a 4670 for anywhere between 53 and 60 bucks after rebate.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

The 4670 does a decent job, I got one for my other PC so my nephew could play CODWAW when he comes to visit (Got 2 copies) and it handles it pretty well so it will pretty much handle WOW without a problem.

Dauntae

You need to tell your friend to either live with crap performance or change his priorities. If he is so cheap that he can't spend more than $20, he doesn't deserve performance. Don't tell him to get that card. As others have said, the 4670 will be ok for wow.

I've been thinking about upgrading my 8800GTS G92 to something like a 4850x2 but I've chosen to overclock my current card and buy something when there is DX11 hardware available. Seems reasonable considering DX11 is around the corner.

I've been thinking about upgrading my 8800GTS G92 to something like a 4850x2 but I've chosen to overclock my current card and buy something when there is DX11 hardware available. Seems reasonable considering DX11 is around the corner.

i'm on the same boat as you...
my card's been serving me well so i think i can survice till dx 11 cards come out!

i'm on the same boat as you...
my card's been serving me well so i think i can survice till dx 11 cards come out!
Alot of games still dont even use dx10, and we are like 2 years into that release. The only real performance increase i saw from dx10 was the the dx10.1 for ATi in games like hawx, which actually boosted the fps a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom