USB Power amongst many other problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Combover

Beta member
Hello,
I have figured out that this could be a serious problem but just wanted to check the opinion of people who have brains unlike myself for getting me into this mess.

After trying to resolve other problems I have made one stupid mistake.
I have unplugged the power pins for what appears to be the USB2 power jumpers on the Elitegroup K7SOM motherboard. I have no idea what order to put them back in.
The manual says

Pin Signal Name ------------------ Pin Signal Name
1 VERG_FP_USBPWR0 ---------------- 2 VERG_FP_USBPWR0
3 USB_FP_P0- ----------------------- 4 USB_FP_P1-
5 USB_FP_P0+ ----------------------- 6 USB_FP_P1+
7 GROUND --------------------------- 8 GROUND
9 KEY ---------------------------------- 10 USB_FP_OC0

I seem to have wires that say +5 V, Ground and D wires in a variety of different colours.

So my questions are,
Does anyone know which cables go where?
If I don't bother with this and let the wires hang, will this end up in a serious electrical hazzard?

If anyone really fancies helping a newbie some more, maybe you might be able to tell why my machine can't find the graphics card. Hence me trying to rewire the machine.
My first problem came when I had an NFTS.sys error and could only start it up with half the RAM. Would a BIOS re installation do the job?

So any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers

Do you see the pin labeled "key" ? There shouldn't be a pin on the connectors coming from the case on there, or it should be blocked off. And on the motherboard, there shouldn't be a pin there (will be a hole there). Just line those up and you're good.

As for the memory error, run Memtest86+ for a minimum of 4 hours. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Download the ISO, and burn it to a blank disc, and boot off of the CD. IF you don't have ISO burning software, use ImgBurn: The Official ImgBurn Website

Both programs are free.

Thanks for the advice, I will try the memory test when I get some time.

As for the power pins I can't seem to line them up as the title on the wires are different than those listed in the manual. There is one pin that is blocked off, I take it that this is the "key" pin. But if so then nothing will plug into this.

So the memtest failed one of the Ram cards. I suppose this means it is dead with no hopes. Oh well.
I still can't figure out why it can't find my graphics card or the USB wiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom