Erase HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Rocks

In Runtime
Is there a way I can erase my HD with my data on it so i can put it in a friends PC without damaging the file system? I used drive scrubber to a HD and i tried to install the OS on it and I think I messed up the file system and it wont install anymore.

I used a iolo drive scrubber on one HD and now the os cant fined its file system when i try and install an os. Is the drive shot?

It won't have a file system if you used a drive eraser utility. It'll be in RAW format which cannot be used by an OS. Go into Disk Management and format the drive from there, or use GParted and format the drive with that.

the drive you scrubbed has no file system, it was not damaged. You have to format it to a file system (for example NTFS) Like carnage said, format the drive, then install the os on it.

Is there a way I can erase my HD with my data on it so i can put it in a friends PC without damaging the file system? I used drive scrubber to a HD and i tried to install the OS on it and I think I messed up the file system and it wont install anymore.

I know that this is a little too late, but what where you orginally trying to achieve by doing this? I just want to work out where things went wrong in the first place.

Right now, it sounds like your best bet is to drive to put this hard drive into a working computer, see if the data (docs, pics, mp3, movies) are still there. The copy all that stuff accross.

After doing that, go into control panels -> Computer Management -> Storage -> Disk Management and blow way that drives are partition. Then re-install windows from scratch on your freind's computer.

If you don't want your freind unerasing your data, then I recommend the following a level 3 low level format with CyberScrub.
If you really don't trust him, then go a level 7 low level format with CyberScrub. Mind you, it will take a week to complete the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom