help with computer for 3d modeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrischuck

Beta member
hi
i need a little help with picking out some computers. I really need to learn rhino for some 3d modeling but my computer died and I need something that can run Rhino relatively well and on the cheap. I dont really have a budget decided on I kind of need to see what everyone thinks I would need and what would be the cheapest solution. I know the program is not that taxing compared to others. let me know what you think

thanks

Don't have a clue what you'd need, but just wanted to let no know this isn't being skipped over.

seems though you don't need to much umph.

What sorta budget you have?

Welcome.

thanks for noticing my post. I dont really have a budget but i really dont want to spend more than 500 because i will have to get a moniter as well.

for $500 do you need:
an operating system?
mouse, keyboard?

Any other old parts ie cd drive, hard drive, case etc. that can be used in this build?
Any idea of the recommended computer specs for rhino 3d?

here are the hardware specs. I dont really want to build a computer I just want to buy something already set up. But due to my low budget i might have to build something.

Rhino runs on ordinary Windows desktop and laptop computers, with:

Hardware:

* Pentium, Celeron, or higher processor.
* 200 MB disk space.
* 512 MB RAM. 1 GB or more is recommended.
* OpenGL graphic card recommended.
* IntelliMouse recommended.
* 3-D digitizer optional.
* 3-D printer optional.

Operating systems:

* Rhino 4.0 runs only on Windows 2000, XP Pro, XP Home, and Vista* including an Intel Mac with BootCamp or Parallels.
*Vista requires Rhino 4.0 Service Release 1 or above.
* Rhino 4.0 will not run on Windows NT, 95, 98, or ME.
* Native Windows x64 is not supported and will not be until the required development tools and libraries are available. There will be a free service release available as soon as possible after 4.0 ships. Rhino 4.0 does run as a 32-bit application on Windows x64.
* Rhino 4.0 does not run natively on Mac OS X, but it is under development. Details...
* Rhino 4.0 does not run natively on Linux, or any other operating system not listed above.

If we do recommend you building one, are there any parts that are salvageable from your current one? If so, it will help us make this one cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom