*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

All my runs were done with ac on but my room is still much warmer than the rest of the house.

8.921 @ 4.546Ghz

Just enough :D

pi8921.jpg

Wow, that makes mine look really weak. Though I am at stock at the moment... I think. I'll get round to overclocking later and post back with an updated time.

weak.jpg

Took you long enough Slaymate.

forgot the location of your backup scores? :)

14 sec is what you expect from a stock i7.

Alright , I've looked around and can't find an explanation as to why Intels are so much faster at superpi than AMDs. Can you guys please explain this in layman's terms?

Also , what kinds of tweaks do you guys do (other than overclocking) to get a faster time.
Like , what programs do you terminate , etc...

Alright , I've looked around and can't find an explanation as to why Intels are so much faster at superpi than AMDs. Can you guys please explain this in layman's terms?

Also , what kinds of tweaks do you guys do (other than overclocking) to get a faster time.
Like , what programs do you terminate , etc...

back in 1906 the war with Intel and AMD had just begun,
Intel made the first ever benchmark to measure cpu performance in 1908, they made it only to make AMD look bad, and ever since then, people have not caught on to the evil trick by intel!

as far as the second question,

download amd's fusion The Future is Fusion | AMD and run that before you do your benchmarks, also, run your benchmark in real-time, just press control + alt + delete at same time to open task manager and then find your application (benchmark) and set the priority for it to run, if realtime cant be used, try the next highest selection, ect.
another thing you can do is set your desktop to work "best performance" over "best appearance" to do this, go to control panel and find the "performance" icon (vista only)

Back
Top Bottom