Let's say I WANNA buy a pre-built...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wootwoot

In Runtime
Yes, yes, I know how much more awesome it is to build your own computer, what with the savings and value and fun with screwdrivers.
BUT,
just out of curiosity, which desktop would you guys recommend?

$800 with a monitor included?

What kind of stuff do you want to do with your PC?

If you're dead set on a prebuilt, that's your choice. I'm kinda curious why though. :p

Yes, yes, I know how much more awesome it is to build your own computer, what with the savings and value and fun with screwdrivers.
BUT,
just out of curiosity, which desktop would you guys recommend?

$800 with a monitor included?

A laptop.
Otherwise I'd build my PC.

sorry, I don't often go out looking for prebuilt desktops. I just realized how odd it is... I can't think of the best place to look to get a prebuilt. online/offline.

I guess it would be bestbuy so I can compare it to stuff in store and then just take it home...

i have to agree with jorsoft, that's about as good as you're gonna get on pre-built for that price range. i do like the monitor a lot as well ^_^

Go to the buy/sell/trade here and buy someone's rig.

Its the only place you'll ever actually get a PC for less than the cost of the individual parts.

For $800 in prebuilt you will be getting a dual core, 2 or 3 ggis of ram and maybe a real video card. But, if you build you own, for $800 you can get a quad, 4gigs of ram and a pretty decent video card. There are some constraints, but you can build a pc twice as fast for $800.

For $800 in prebuilt you will be getting a dual core, 2 or 3 ggis of ram and maybe a real video card. But, if you build you own, for $800 you can get a quad, 4gigs of ram and a pretty decent video card. There are some constraints, but you can build a pc twice as fast for $800.

No, you can actually get a 'fair' prebuilt for $800

Without a monitor :

Core 2 Quad 8200 - 8GB DDR2 - 640GB - Geforce GT120
Gateway - TV Desktop with Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q8200 - LX6810-01

With a monitor :

AMD Phenom 9550 - 4GB DDR2 - 500GB - Geforce 9100 - 23" HP LCD - Plus a priinter
HP a6720y Desktop with AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 9550 Processor, 23" LCD Monitor & 3-in-1 Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom