trying to pick a processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
cloud,i have grown to love you,your always the one to answer me,so rep here it comes!,anyway,say there was no good deal for the board,witch would you pick?

Personally I would go with the E8500, simply because you specified gaming. It is the clear winner in most to all games.

Personally I would go with the E8500, simply because you specified gaming. It is the clear winner in most to all games.

could you make a build for me then? with a monitor :p,sorry im a newb techie,what you want from me? i have 1100 to spend,i can go up to 1200 if needed tho.

I would say the 940 still because of the extra 2 cores. While games don't utilize them yet for the most part, you never know what the future will hold. Also, it's better for everyday applications and such.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - ASUS VW224U Black 22" 2ms(GTG) Widescreen LCD Monitor w/ HDCP Support 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 5000:1) Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors
Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - LG Black 22X (CAV) DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X (CAV) DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

Comes to $823.05 after shipping. Then you get 40 bucks back in MIRs.

You can throw in a Core Contact for cooling purposes, would make it easier to overclock.

Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler W/TX-2 - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Will make the total (with shipping) $863.04 (and then a $10 MIR).

Also, you can save about 80 bucks if you don't get Vista, and just get the Win7 RC for free.

EDIT: Forgot a wireless adapter...any of these would be good. I have the Rosewill RNX-N100, it's great. But the cost went up recently.

Now, is this build for you? Or is this one still for your friend? I seem to remember your friend had a GTX 260...

Not really, the E8500 is better in games by a slight margin because of the slightly higher clocks, and the fact it overclocks like a beast. The 940 overclocks pretty well too, just not as high. But the difference in your gaming performance will be not THAT noticeable, it all comes down to your video card for the most part.

The extra cores are nice to have, especially when it's mega on sale. ;P

I would say the 940 still because of the extra 2 cores. While games don't utilize them yet for the most part, you never know what the future will hold. Also, it's better for everyday applications and such.

Now, is this build for you? Or is this one still for your friend? I seem to remember your friend had a GTX 260...

that was for a friend.why?

Out of those two I'd go with the E8500
They do offer better performance in games, and unless the rest of your system is completely crap, you're not going to lag just on normal apps :)

All depends on how much you're willing to spend really. As Hikari said, the 940's are cheaper.

What I'd do is decide on the other parts for your rig first, (apart from the mobo) see how much it comes to. If you've got some cash spare go with the Intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom