Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsteve

Daemon Poster
hey guys and girls

come asking questions yet again :p

i've just went and got my self this monitor:

28" Hanns-G HG281DP Widescreen Monitor - Aria Technology

now my graphics card is pushing its self to hard and i'm looking at getting a better one (specially with the past events with driver issue)

the cary on basic games (guildwars) is putting its self to 99% load and pushing its self to 90-110c now i'm not happy with these temps and the way its getting stressed so easy

so what sory of card would you suggest, cost is not a problem

i would suggest a gtx295 if you can find one, if money isnt a problem. if you cant find one go sli gtx260's, or gtx285 seeing you have money coz the two cards will run easier on that big res.

I have that same monitor, I'm running (2) GTX 280's :D

However your mobo is a P35 chipset with only one pci-e x16 slot so your looking for a single card solution. I think you would be fine with a 4870 X2 on the ATI side or a GTX 260 or above on the Nvidia side. I would probably go with the GTX 285 as dual gpu cards tend to run hotter :D

4890 or gtx275 imo. I would go with the 4890 if your not Nvidia biased.

Oh, just saw that you said cost is not a problem.

In that case well..... 4870x2 or gtx295.... or just build a new rig and do some sli or crossfire action if money REALLY isn't a problem.

Just because cost is not a problem doesn't mean he should buy something he really doesn't need...

If you want a beastly card for that resolution, and if you want to play more intensive games later, grab a GTX 285.

Just because cost is not a problem doesn't mean he should buy something he really doesn't need...

In all seriousness do any of us need to play video games? Or play video games maxed out
In that case, a 9500gt should do him about right.

He said he wanted a new gpu and that there was no budget, so I guess he should just grab the best he can get. Not what he needs.

If you want a beastly card for that resolution, and if you want to play more intensive games later, grab a GTX 285.

+1 to that.

GTX 280, newegg has one for $260

Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1280-TR GeForce GTX 280 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

or a GTX 285 RECERTIFIED, for $280

Newegg.com - Recertified: XFX GX285NZDF GeForce GTX 285 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

Second the gtx 280s they are at a great price now the gtx 285 is so popular. Grab one of them for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom