Overclocking an MSI 8800 GTS 512 OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowsurfer

El Mágico
Hey guys,

I have been trying to milk the last ounce of oomph out of my ageing GPU, a factory overclocked 8800 GTS 512 from MSI, and just wanted to run the numbers by you.

Factory OC settings are: 678 core / 1728 shaders / 972 memory
I managed to get to (without artifacts, fan at 100%): 734 core / 1870 shaders / 1030 memory

The GPU doesn't get too hot under load at the new OC (63-65ºC), but if I push it more I get artifacts in my games.

So how does that sound?

Thanks!

I managed to push the memory to 1081 and it is stable and working well. It was obviously either the core or the shaders that were introducing the artifacts.

I think that's actually a good clock. I know with my 8800gt I was only able to hit 705 and 1000. Anything higher than that produced artifacts.

well, my old friend had one that would do 820MHz on the core. stable enough for benchmarking and games. he should be able to hit 800MHz for a benchmark or two.

must have been, it was pretty fast tho. at times it would match my 9800GTX (this is when i had my pentium D) too bad he sold it for $80

Thanks guys. I'll unlink the shaders and the core and see where that takes me. The memory seems to go even higher than the 1081 I posted though. I do feel a definite improvement in almost all games I play with the new OC profile.

Unlinking the shaders and the core, leaving the shaders at 1700, and I'm up to 780 core stable, gonna push it a bit more tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom