what is overclocking and how do i do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefsfan

Baseband Member
Moved thread to the right subforum for ya.

It's VERY possible to overclock that CPU. Even on stock cooling, you can get a nice easy boost in your performance.

Overclocking via the BIOS is your best bet. I believe you picked up the same motherboard as me, so I can help you out if you like.

Make sure you go into overclocking with a lot of patience and tolerance. It is really a process of trial and error: setting values, testing, tuning, repeating. To get a high stable overclock will probably take you quite a while to fine tune. You also want some good cooling to get the most out of it.

that's for sure, if you don't have patience then it might not be for you.....hahahaha i don't know how many times i've restarted my computer to make a tiny adjustment LOL!

yea, there are a lot of people that go into overclocking thinking they can just up the FSB or HTT and they're set. You can certainly do that and run a few suicide benchmarks, but for the real deal you need to really investigate overclocking to your specific hardware and really understand what is involved. New chips are completely different too, so just because you overclocked a certain CPU doesn't mean you know how to get another CPU at the same or higher speeds. In other words, keep reading, reading, reading, and test what you read (there's a ton of guides across the web).

yea, there are a lot of people that go into overclocking thinking they can just up the FSB or HTT and they're set. You can certainly do that and run a few suicide benchmarks

Works for me :D

Temperature. That's the most important thing to remember. Watch it, Live it, Cool it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom