new case

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run my gtx 260's at 75C almost 24/7 whilst folding.

900 is probably the best bang for your buck now with the Antec 900-2 out for 139ish.

With 1 card it'll be plenty of room. As i said before in another thread, 3 holes in the tray and it's even better.

ya i was looking at the 900-2s but for 20bucks more the 1200 is a much better deal. as far as the 900 goes for $100 i think ide go with the wind tunnel over the 900.

Yeah everyone seems to love the 900, you should be almost guaranteed a good buy with that case. Nzxt have some pretty nice cases at good prices, you should check out some. the lexa is pretty room case and its in your range
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146038

not bad, but i just looked in my bank and i have $300 more in there than i thought i did lol (my play account, not the account i use for bills/grocerys) so i think ill be able to afford the 1200 + the monitor i wanted + the cd drive + maybe even a water cooling system, i just gotta check the price of the water coolers, if not i might be able to get a new heatsink, but then again the standard i7 heatsink works just fine since im not going to overclock, my main concern is only the gpu, but i can always look into different gpu fans.

im willing to spend up to $400 total for everything, including the 23" monitor and the dvd drive and the case, along with anything else, which would put my pc total at like $1,500 or around it(rest of the parts are already purchased and built)

this is what i decided to go with and i just looked at all my other parts. guess i ended up spending $1,700 total o_O lol when i originally was planning on spending $1,200 max =/

just bought
Newegg.com - Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 2343BWX High Glossy Black 23" 5ms 16:9 Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 20000:1 (DC) w/ HDCP Support - LCD Monitors
Newegg.com - LG Black 22X (CAV) DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X (CAV) DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - CD / DVD Burners

bought last week
Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit for System Builders - Operating Systems
Newegg.com - ASUS P6T SE LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - XFX HD-489A-ZDFC Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling S75CF 750W EPS12V SLI NVIDIA SLI Certified (Dual 8800 GTX and below) CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

hopefully this will be good for the next 3-5years or so lol, my wife wont let me buy any more toys except for new subs for my car since i blew them out :(

Your build is similar to mine. I received the Samsung 2343bwx today. So far so good. No dead pixels or anything. Looks great.

The only problem though is setting it up. I still dont understand much of this "calibrating" deal.

How do you like this LCD so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom