Dusty Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeCk_N

Baseband Member
Hi people,

Im not sure if i'm posting in the correct thread but here goes.

I built my own computer and have had it for about 9 months. I recently opened up the side panel of the case to neaten up the wires inside.

However I found that alot of dust had accumulated inside especially near the fans.

There is also quite a bit of dust on the actual mother board. I know i'm no expert but this cant be good.

I need tp know how to clean up all of the dust inside the case, is there a special way that this can be done, so as to not damage any of the internal componants?

:beard:

Just use a shopvac and suck away, don't blow it out, that can cause alot of unwanted dust settling everywhere.

Everytime I've used a compressed aircan, I get a face full of dust and it's not pretty. Also the cans alot of the time aren't powerful enough for me.

yea can of air works great.. you don't just pull the trigger and let loose on the demons, you have to have skills to use this all mighty "can o' air".. typically start from the top down, going from one side to another as to get all the dust into the same general area, then you can either blow it all out easily or just use a vacuum and suck it out.. A vacuum with a brush like head on works well also on cards, but be careful, don't break any capacitors off

I bought this litle gadget that blows the junk. It runs on batteries. I think I got it @ Office Max. It's pretty ok, but...about the vaccum part. Hmmmm...guess I need to get a little gadget that sucks the junk now. lol

A vacuum with a brush like head on works well also on cards, but be careful, don't break any capacitors off
I've heard the bristles aren't good for the tiny copper paths and such on your equipment. Just get the compressed air and use the little tube they always come with. That gives a direct and powerful blast of air and will clean away any dirt.

The thing with a vacuum cleaner is the bristles. They develop tremendous amount of static electricity and can damage the parts on your MOBO and accessories. Use at your own risk. I prefer to blow it away. No, dust is no good since it prevents good airflow and keeps the heat inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom