SCSI Hardrive issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lechung

Solid State Member
I recently bought a OEM HITACHI Ultrastar 15K300.

Problem is my XP 64bit wont recognize it.

I have a 1tb hardrive already installed but i wanted this fast one for gaming and such.

Ive tried booting up windows from the boot disk and hitting F6 to install the scsi drivers but all it can do is cd drives and things like that.

Ive visited hitachi's site and look for drivers and set up utilities but all i found was them saying that all OSs have the driver pre-installed.

So in short with this SCSI drive how would i get windows to recognize it?

Thanks for input!

Nope! its all plugged in and ready to roll! Ive checked disk management as well!

Im sure there is something im missing.....

so you have the xp install drivers but no floppy drive to install it?

If this is the problem slipstream a disk using nlite with the scsi drivers on it.

You need the drivers for the scsi controller card not for the specific hard drive.

what controller card are you using?

Correct! I have no floopy drive whatsoever. So when i Use the windows cd and it tells me to press F6 i have no way to give it the driver with the options it give me.

In regards to scsi drivers....im not so sure how to check that. I went to computer management and then to device manager and then to the SCSI and RAID controller and there is no yellow question mark there.

Ive looked just about everywhere for a scsi controller setup utility. Ive been all over hitachi's site to but no no avail!

Im starting to think this is simply a driver based issue but im stuck trying to fing out how to get them installed. Thanks for all the help so far!:)

My motherboard is ASUS M4A79T Deluxe AM3 DDR3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD.

The drive itself is something i have never seen before. Its a Serial Attached SCSI (sas).
I had to buy a special cable just to hook it up.

The drive doesnt have a sata connection but to connect to my motherboard that end of the cable is sata. Weird huh?

This is my motherboard and also you are correct again on not having any sas connectors!lol

I had to buy a Sas to Sata cable. That took me a long time to find right there.

This hardrive has been a huge pain ever since i bought it. At first i didnt have the right cable and now that i do windows wont reconize it!

Would the sas to sata cable be causing the problem??

try the sata controller drivers for xp in "others" and slip stream it using nlite.
Description Mark AHCI/RAID Driver Disk for Windows XP/Vista and Windows 64bit XP/Vista.
File Size 1.41 (MBytes)

It may work it is your only option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom