Monitor display issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

S0ULphIRE

Golden Master
Here's a weird problem for you guys to solve...
I recently put together a new pc out of some new/old parts.
Basically what happens is I turn on the pc, which boots up fine, except for after the OS loading screen's finished.
After the loading screen is finished the monitor goes into standby mode (No Video Signal)

Here's the weird part. If I unplug the DVI cable, then reattach it, the screen comes up fine. All the drivers for the system are installed, and after reattaching the DVI cable everything works fine.
I tried removing the graphics card and using the onboard graphics, which works fine. So I'm thinking it's gotta be the drivers I'm using for the card.

Graphics Card: X300
Driver: Catalyst 9.3
Monitor: Pretty standard 19" LCD

Ideas?

I know with my monitor when it changed resolutions it would go into sleep mode with xp.
No problems with vista.

I never looked into it much I would just turn it off and back on and that worked fine.
More of an annoyance to me rather that a problem.

Check in the monitor menu to see if there is anything you could change.

SOLVED!
Re your suggestion, I checked around in the monitor setup and set everything back to defaults. Rebooted and everything worked!

Tested it a little further, it turns out the refresh rate was the problem. For some reason it didn't like 75Hz refresh rate, which is what I had it set to.
thanks hefe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom