AMD Delivers the World's First 1GHz Graphics Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
AMD Delivers the World's First 1GHz Graphics Processor

Nine years after launching the world's first 1 GHz CPU, AMD is again first to break the gigahertz barrier with the factory overclocked, air-cooled ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 4890 GPU. Building on the success of the recently launched ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 4890 graphics card -- driven by the world's most powerful graphics processor -- AMD today announced availability of a factory overclocked graphics processor that is the first to break the 1 Gigahertz (GHz) barrier using standard air-cooling solutions.

and I plan to get me a 4890 since overclocking the "non 1GHz models" has seen the 1GHz barrier, or darn close to it, on stock cooling.

Looks like AMD's 4890 might be a little more competition then Nvid was planning - the prices fell sharply recently.

The HD 4890 is on par with the 275 at stock, overclocked it's a different story. At 1ghz the HD 4890 beat a GTX 285 in all but two benchmarks anandtech ran. The 285 is still the better card since it can overclock too but considering the HD 4890 is significantly cheaper that's pretty impressive

still to call it the worlds fastest graphics processor, gimme a break. lmoa. but 1GHz is a amazing clock. wish my core 216 went to 1GHZ :D

Worlds most powerful is kind of pushing it I agree.

Although I would love to see a review of it vs the GTX 285 with the highest factory overclock to see which one came on top. If the HD 4890 came out on top in the majority of benches then they could say it is the worlds fastest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom