what else can i do to fix my computer problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
Ok, well right now, im stumped on wtf is up with my computer. I changed my clock frequencies n tried IBT - no improvement, i made sure my mobo was getting the addition power - has a plug for that through molex, i updated my BIOS so now my Phenom II 940 is being recognized properly, me changing NB and HT voltages isnt doing anything - maybe NB from my past experiences, i swiped my HDD for viruses, spyware, malware, etc, i dont need to defrag my HDD, my CPU temps are good, i dusted out my computer yesterday, and i just added new RAM with awesome heatspreaders. Why is it that my fps dropped in Crysis and Crysis Warhead when i switched out my AM2 5000+ BE? WHY??!! Idk what else to check!

any suggestions? I really dont want to get a new mobo!

Have you tried resetting bios to default?
In case some change was made in there that is affecting your fps?
Specifically I have seen it where certain overclocks can set your pci-e to x1 from x16.

Have you tried resetting bios to default?
In case some change was made in there that is affecting your fps?
Specifically I have seen it where certain overclocks can set your pci-e to x1 from x16.

hmm that happened when i updated my BIOS. Should i try resetting again? How would i fix or find out the PCI-E issue? Apok has the same exact mobo as me n i could use his help too.

EDIT:

my CPU has a 125W TDP, the 5000+ BE is lower n yet MSI provided a BIOS update to support my CPU. Should i worry about the TDP level? Like my CPU is getting enough power it needs?

A couple of good threads referring to your board with PII.
Help me OC my Phenom II 920 - XtremeSystems Forums
MSI K9A2 Platinum V.1 + Phenom II overclocking? - XtremeSystems Forums

It seems people are having issues with nb settings with this board.
Could be the problem.
I do not have this board so take these threads with a grain of salt.

thank u hefe. Here is one free internet coupon :p:

120407647233.jpg

ok i found out i just got 0x0000004E a few times. I just did a Memory Diagnostic Test, no problems. I downloaded the upgrade to the latest Windows NT 3.51 U.S. Service Pack 1 to try to repair it. Currently, im in need of a debugger n i guess kernal symbols that i can download so i can open up my dump files n see exactly what errors ive been getting. I'm jumping all over the place starting here:

Debugging Tools for Windows - Overview

if i cant fix this soon, i may have to exchange my mobo with a new one but i really dont want to n want to fix the problem myself. I already installed the Debugging Tools for Windows version 6.11.1.404, but when i use it, access gets denied when i try opening up the minidumps. Again, they are Kernal, so i guess i need symbols for that or whatever that is. Any help anyone?

EDIT:

error i get when opening the kernal dump file is: '"C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini010909-01.dmp"', Win32 error 0n5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom