Looking for the "best" case

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnelson07

In Runtime
First off, I know it is a matter of opinion on what makes a case "the best". For me, I like it to be spacious (aka Full Tower), decent holes in the mobo tray for wire management, good airflow, and sleek.

So far, I've come across this case by Lian-Li, the A70B and it looks like it might be what I want. Anybody have this case and have any pros/cons on it? Or does anyone know any other cases similar that may be better and/or cheaper? I only ask because it's a decent amount of money and I want to be sure I'm making a good purchase. The reviews are few but are all 5 star.

Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-A70B Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

I'm really big on it being aesthetically appealing (which to me is sleek, think Mac) and the potential for good wire management.

Lastly, I do plan to mod this case; this will be my first time ever doing this... so I'd like the mobo tray to already have decently placed holes ect. so I don't have to make them myself (and potentially screw it up). Also, I am planning on doing a paintjob to it as well (painting the interior black).
I have an old Antec P180 that I busted by dropping it a long time ago that I'm going to practice cutting with a dremel and painting first before I do so to a $200+ case.

The best case is the silverstone tj07 without a doubt. People can debate it if they want too, but hard to argue. Only downside is that so many people have done mods and builds with that case that it sort of loses originality.

The case you picked from Lian-Li will work though. I'm just saying that from what I have seen the tj07 is the best. Expensive though...

And smart Idea with the p180. I did that with some old computer cases I picked up here and there to practice first, and I am still scared to do any serious mods to a case I care about.

Hope this was helpful, sorry I have no experience with that case. I want to pick up a rocketfish eventually and play with it myself

There are so many good cases around that "best" seems to lose its meaning. An Antec P series, the Silverstones, the HAF and Cosmos, Lian-Lis, are all top notch cases, and it is really up to your personal preference on what you chose among those. I think that you will be very happy with that Lian-LI, although the Silverstone suggested is also a very good case. There is nothing to argue on here DPG991, when we are in this realm of quality it always comes to personal preference.

There are so many good cases around that "best" seems to lose its meaning. An Antec P series, the Silverstones, the HAF and Cosmos, Lian-Lis, are all top notch cases, and it is really up to your personal preference on what you chose among those. I think that you will be very happy with that Lian-LI, although the Silverstone suggested is also a very good case. There is nothing to argue on here DPG991, when we are in this realm of quality it always comes to personal preference.

Personal Preference is usually the case (pun intended), but in this price range you can't beat the tj07. Even if your case is the ever popular Lian-Li. Especially for mod ability.

The best case is the silverstone tj07 without a doubt. People can debate it if they want too, but hard to argue. Only downside is that so many people have done mods and builds with that case that it sort of loses originality.

The case you picked from Lian-Li will work though. I'm just saying that from what I have seen the tj07 is the best. Expensive though...

And smart Idea with the p180. I did that with some old computer cases I picked up here and there to practice first, and I am still scared to do any serious mods to a case I care about.

Hope this was helpful, sorry I have no experience with that case. I want to pick up a rocketfish eventually and play with it myself

Wow, that is expensive, but it is a beautiful case. Are the HDD's mounted vertically instead of horizontally? It's hard to tell from the pics since the fans are in the way. Is there space behind the mobo tray for stealthing wires?

Wow, that is expensive, but it is a beautiful case. Are the HDD's mounted vertically instead of horizontally?
I think the case brand new comes with a bunch of extra stuff so that you can play around with how you setup your hdd's, but in most builds I see the hdd's mounted horizontally with the wires facing towards the mobo tray.
It's hard to tell from the pics since the fans are in the way. Is there space behind the mobo tray for stealthing wires?

I am pretty sure there is going to be space, but I do not know from personal experience. A good place to get lots of info from people who actually have the case is one of the fan clubs for the case over at overclock.net, unless someone here has it and would like to talk to you about it.

If there website wasn't down I'd link you to it...

Here is a good review on it
XtremeComputing - #1 For Hardware News And Reviews

On page 5 they go into detail about the HDD's and show the mobo tray

image036.jpg

From what I see they give you at least a good inch or two to stuff wires back behind that thing. That is way more space behind the tray then what I have on my aurora 570.

Another great thing according to the review is...
Well Silverstone have reduced the use of rivets on this case and that is only a good thing for modders out there, so let us look at what we could do.
Since you plan on modding an expensive case.

Lian Li TYR-PC-X2000

The hard drives bay looks pretty far from where the PSU is. It's a very tall case too...

That is very tempting, especially because it's a similar price. But I don't know this brand, and although I'm sure it's good, I'm more comfortable buying from a well known manufacturer. Also, the dimensions are HUGE! I don't want THAT much extra space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom