i7 gaming rig specs...round 2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey fellas just wanted to let you all know that I received and built the computer! All i can really say is WOW! (no Blizzard pun here) Installed Windows 7 and loving it atm. I was never a Vista fan and was living on XP for the longest time but W7 seems to running awesome. The HAF case is quieter than my Sager 5720 laptop lol. Im not a "videophile" so I won't compare monitors but this Samsung rocks! I was skeptical at first due to the matte screen (my Sager is glossy) but I can nothing wrong with this matte screen. Looks beautiful.

I was temporarily scared while installing the CPU onto the Mobo. The metal clasp required a little force to lock in the CPU (probably intended). I removed the CPU just to see if the pressure was hurting the mobo at all. (Here is where i was scared) The mobo pins looked bent in. Half one way and the other half the other way. After everything worked fine, I came to my own conclusion that the mobo pins were designed that way. I just didn't notice during the initial installation.

As for gaming: Installed Crysis and maxed out the graphics at 1920x1200, still playable. Decided to give Age of Conan a shot (so sick of WoW, and WAR broke my heart into countless pieces) and loving it so far but only running in DX9 mode. DX10 wouldn't display and graphics. Sound worked but no screen. At this time those are the only 2 games that i've played so far.

Just wanted to poke m head in here and again thank everybody for helping me build this rig. I will be back with a few pictures before the week's out.

Glad to hear your rig is all up and running!

If you like AoC, send me a PM with your name and server and I might start playing again.

yeah the pins are like that in the x58, it looks quite neat as opposed to the old 775 socket. Im glad we helped you take the step into the pc building world, have fun with your rig now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom