Which Laptop should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Final Decision (I hope :D) Asus or MSI

I will check also with Linux community. See if anyone was succesful with installing Linux on them.

Here is another Asus I found, maybe its better then whats on Best Buy, at least price is better, but I think CPU is nicer too. I think it have P8400

Asus RB-G50VT-X1 Asus G50VT-X1 Refurbished Notebook PC

* P8400 (2.26GHz) (x1) vs P7450 (2.13GHz) (x5)
* 4GB PC2-5300 DDR2 memory (x1) vs 4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 memory (x5)
* Laptop cover has a different color pattern

What do you think?
---------

ecomElectronics.com - Asus - G50VT-X5 - G50VT-X5 - Aris, Toshiba and HP Tablets (forgot the link.. lol)
Here is another X5 I found on another online-store, but I am not sure if its good place to buy it.
It's CPU is also different from one on BestBuy ( Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53G instead of P7450 )
It also say there that it is Remanufactured. Remanufactured sounds a little fishy to me.. I am not sure if its ok or not.

Re: Final Decision (I hope :D) Asus or MSI

THe Asus one is not that bad. It got just about every thing that the MSI, but a better video card.

Make sure you are still getting a full warranty with it.

I just found out that that Asus G50VT-X1 have only like 3 month of warranty. I don't know whats up with this. Maybe Asus stopped making them. So I probably would not be getting it, even that price is so low.

oh.. just found out something else.. I saw somewhere that P7450 does not support Virtualization Technology. Thats not very good.

--
Another thing, all Asus Laptops seem to have 2 year warranty on NewEgg. But not MSI.
However MSI laptops (at least GX620) have 2 year warranty on TigerDirect.

I just found out that that Asus G50VT-X1 have only like 3 month of warranty. I don't know whats up with this. Maybe Asus stopped making them. So I probably would not be getting it, even that price is so low.

3 Months Warranty WTF? THe orginal warranty is suppose to be 2 years on Asus. I am not under the impression that the Refurb Laptop be that old. And if it is 3 months warranty, I would be requesting a better price.

Another thing, all Asus Laptops seem to have 2 year warranty on NewEgg. But not MSI.
However MSI laptops (at least GX620) have 2 year warranty on TigerDirect.

MSIs come with 2 years warranty not all their laptops (not netbooks). If you are not sure, contact MSI directly as they are the ones holding the warranty for you.

During this weekend I went to my local Best Buy and played around with Asus G50VT-X5. It looked somewhat nice. 3 USB ports was nice to see, few other things that I liked. But I am kind of annoyed by the lights and that logo on the back. I think I would get tired of those lights eventually, and it just looked a bit unprofessional. Plus I can only buy it at BestBuy or CompUSA, don't really want to pay 70$ (8%) tax to buy this laptop.

@Jorsoft&Keyboard Cowboy

How do you like Keyboard on MSI GX620? To me it looks ok (from photos which I saw online), but I was reading in some reviews that it have somewhat cheap and inconvenient feeling to it.

Also, on some Youtube video review and unboxing videos, I saw that laptop came with Windows Vista installation disk. Is it true?

Whichever one you buy, check which one has a conveniently located product care center from where you live or work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom