Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowdragon1985

Solid State Member
I have installed components from an old box into a new one. Replaced the mother board, added a graphics card, and transferred everything else. It's all hooked up, no grounding to the case is found, thought it was good to go. Powered up the rig, it turns on and all fans and LEDs turn on, then it turns off ten seconds later. Like I said, I checked grounding, the wiring, the mobo setup, everything I could think of. Never had this problem in my other rigs, so I'm banging my head into a wall to figure it out. Oh, and it keeps up the power on/power off sequence, with about ten seconds to both on and off.

MSI 7519 VER 1 mobo
Nvidia 9400 GT
Intel Dual Core (don't remember which exactly)

Well it seems you have done the normal stuff to check.
Unfortunately you need to double check everything again.
Specifically the 24pin and 4 pin psu connections into the motherboard. If you have a modular make sure and check the connections into the psu and the power plug into the psu.

I would then try to boot with only ram, cpu and gpu to see if you can get into bios.

Next I would pull everything and try to boot with the components on a table instead of in the case. At his time I would also double check to make sure there is not an extra mb riser that could be grounding your board.

Double-checked everything, connections, risers, wiring, everything. Unfortunately don't have to ability to check it out of the case. Just don't have enough room at the moment. I don't have any equipment to check the voltage or anything else, and can't use the monitor without the graphics card, so all my extras are, unfortunately, necessary at this point.

bare bones is cpu, ram and gpu(video card).
Unhook dvd drives and hard drives and disconnect the power to them.

take out any other expansion cards like a sound card or network card if you have any.

If you had another psu available to you it would be nice to try that as well.

Alright, tried bare bones setup, still the same problem. Don't have another power supply to try with, so I can't rule that out, yet.

Ok at this point we need another psu.
You can try to put it back in the other case or try without a case.
Check the board for signs of being fried.

do you get any post beep errors?
have you reset cmos?

Haven't reset CMOS yet, but never got any beep errors. That was one of the things that frustrated me, it would spin the fans and start powering up, and then stop and start like i said.

Take the video card out and try it. It should beep for no video if it gets that far in the detection phase. You should also check the cpu pads for dust/foriegn objects and the mobo socket for bend pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom