psu help again

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYbadboy911

In Runtime
A little bit of work can clean those cables up. Here is an example of a 750tx.

3500618919_6e4c2f9be2_b.jpg

Hefemeister your such a showoff :eek: ..... I wish I had mine looking that good, Nice work. My crappy case doesn't have the room behind the MB tray to fit the wires, otherwise I would copy your mod in a heartbeat. darn it, now I want a new case.... this addiction is killing me, How can I afford to keep coming to this forum and have a girlfriend at the same time, BOTH are costing me a fortune BUT both are fun late at night DOH..........

Dauntae

its not as good as urs but im sure ones i get the modular one it will look close to urs. sick looking set up u got there.
IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

It looks like you just need some cable ties, and you could probably just replace the fan in your present power supply.

It looks like you just need some cable ties, and you could probably just replace the fan in your present power supply.

i doubt i wanna play around with that.
do u think the psu's i posted are good? and will work good with my setup?

The OCZ should be a good unit, but if you'll read the reviews it seems people are having problems with the rebate.

Theses would be my choices for the $100 range.

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling S75CF 750W EPS12V SLI NVIDIA SLI Certified (Dual 8800 GTX and below) CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER RS-700-AMBA-D3 700W ATX12V V2.3 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Power Supply - Power Supplies

I have a Cooler Master power supply and I like it alot. But it is a 1250w unit so it's not like I'm stressing it. My view on power supplies is to always buy at least a 150 watts (minimun) more than you need. You want the ps to run in the 80% range for maximun efficiency and reliability. If your system uses 550w of power then you should get a 700 watt unit, if you need 600 watts get a 750 watt unit, 650 then get a 800 watt unit and so on :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom