PSU removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leatherface

Baseband Member
Hey guys!

this is gonna sound silly, but how would i go about taken my PSU off, like....im using a Foxconn Blood Rage, so...would just taking the plug out of the socket damage any of the components? i know it shouldnt if the comp is powered down! and it hasnt done that to any of my other comps!

i was just curious as the build has cost me a lot =p.

another thing! how long would i have to leave the power supply for? like before i remove it?, because ive heard that there is still energy stored inside it!, so should i maybe wait 2-3 hours for it to totally disappate?

Thanks

If you unplug the psu and press the power button a few times it will drain the remaining power out of the psu.

Just make sure when taking off the 24pin and 4 or 8 pin from the motherboard that you depress the clip that holds it in place when taking it out.

That is it.

If you unplug the psu and press the power button a few times it will drain the remaining power out of the psu.

Just make sure when taking off the 24pin and 4 or 8 pin from the motherboard that you depress the clip that holds it in place when taking it out.

That is it.

when u say that it makes it seem easy =p but i always find a way to make things harder =p

thanks for replying! sorry for all the n00b questions though =p its like the 5th ive asked today!

It is ok.

I would rather you ask a question than make a mistake.

yea...we'd rather you post "how to do XXXX" rather than "OMG I RIPPED MY MOBO APART" lol :p

anyway, just press the clip and don't force anything (well, i mean don't over force....some things make take a bit to make it come out though)

yea...we'd rather you post "how to do XXXX" rather than "OMG I RIPPED MY MOBO APART" lol :p

anyway, just press the clip and don't force anything (well, i mean don't over force....some things make take a bit to make it come out though)

TEHE!!! that made me giggle inside :laughing:

but what clips! i donts see a clip?!

see the clip on the 20 pin that keeps it attached to the socket? Your 4 pin will have one as well.

psuCable.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom