Asus P4P800 Deluxe Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it turn on at all? Or does it turn on; no display?

Perhaps something is a dud? Not the CPU of course, seeing that you ran a test. Or maybe your stuff doesn't support the vid card you have listed? Too many hard drives? Too many ram dimms? Have you tried these questions?

Cappy said:
thats strange all the info tells me it should work with no probs
You say it wont even boot into bios?Sense you no the CPU works
the only thing i can think of is the Board wont support it even though it should.There may be a problem in the board itself.
I check all that before going ahead.

Regulus said:
Does it turn on at all? Or does it turn on; no display?
There is power. Every thing else power up except for the CPU. It's the same thing as if I forgot to plug in the 4 port plug for the CPU power.
And yes, I did check the PSU.
Regulus said:
Perhaps something is a dud? Not the CPU of course, seeing that you ran a test. Or maybe your stuff doesn't support the vid card you have listed? Too many hard drives? Too many ram dimms? Have you tried these questions?
Yep
Yep
Yep
Yep
Yep
and Yep.
xxkrnxstylezxx said:
maybe you didnt plug in the case power switch lines to the motherboard correctly??

it could happen..
Done that mistake a few time on other system. Especially when i get side tracked with some thing else. But i did check that too.

Over all, I am asuming that there is some thing wrong with the motherboard as it's not giving the CPU enough power to boot up.

I have been talking with Asus Tech Support Directly with this matter, and since this is for a server system and that my customer's simple 1/2 hour down time has now gone into 3 days, Asus is allowing me to deal with them directly on this issue. They would normally say "No, go through distributor channel", but they are making this one a special case as they have not seen this come up before.

Basically the motherboard is faulty as it will not take the prescott CPU.
So...... TO BE CONTINUED.......

Thank you for helping me out of this one. Your suggestion have been quit helpful.

if it's not the motherboard or the CPU, it is definate that the motherboard just doesn't support the Prescott
unless you get lucky and find a BIOS that works with the Prescott, you'd have to either stick with your 2.4, or get a newer motherboard

apokalipse said:
if it's not the motherboard or the CPU, it is definate that the motherboard just doesn't support the Prescott
unless you get lucky and find a BIOS that works with the Prescott, you'd have to either stick with your 2.4, or get a newer motherboard

Well, that's the weird thing. According to the Asus, the board does support it with the corrent BIOS flash (Ver 1016 onwards)

Now here is the a world first for me.....

It's turns out that i put the CPU in the wrong way. Bent pin apparently.

I can not ****ing believe it. :angry: :mad: :angry: :mad:

And there goes another AU$300 :rolleyes:

Oh mannnnnnn........didn't you look for (lol) the little yellow triangle at the corner of the CPU and align it with the socket? Dude, that........what do you mean "anotherAU$300)? Something else not work for you?

<========= OWNED!!!!!!

Tell me about it.... :(

8 years of being a computer techie, and this the first time I have ever done that. :eek:
Like i do heaps of systems all the time. I just rolled snake eyes on this one.

I am so disgusted with myself right now. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom