i7 - Do i need to push down on the cover firmly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leatherface

Baseband Member
Hey guys!

im having some problems installing my cpu!, its seated correctly but the cover plate is quite "high". Do i need to push down on it firmly?

here are some photos:

2009-05-14120832.jpg

2009-05-14120751.jpg

It definitely took just a little more pressure than I liked to put on it.

Works fine though. You almost feel like you bend the hold down bar a bit.

i hated installing mine :| the bar felt like it was going to bend/snap/break at any point :...most stressing part to building imo lol It'll be fine though, just push it in ...it's made to hold it in firmly so it'll take a good amount of pressure to snap it in

yeah it takes a lot of pressure to get that thing on...lol....just make sure the mobo is flat when you do it...:D

Hey guys! thanks for all the replies =p yea i managed to get it running 8D im so happy! i wanted to cry when i had to put it in though! just incase i did break it!

my first build has indded gone according to plan!...well nearly anyway =p i couldnt get the case fans set up because i didnt have enough power cables =p so when i checked the bios the cpu was running at 90c =p!

so im going out to buy another psu tomorrow!

hef! u got the 750TX right? will that be able to connect the case fans? theres 4 on it =p

yes the 750tx has a ton of connectors. Especially because you are probably not needing any molex 4 pin connectors for your build. It has six of them.

Are all of your fans 4pin?

90C that tells me there is something wrong with your heatsink. Even with all of the case fans not running you should not get to 90C in bios.

yea all of the fans are 4 pin...

maybe its because the heatsink isnt seated properly? im pretty sure it is! or maybe theres just not enough thermal paste on it! mines come with it pre-applied!

i could be wrong though...the heatsink could just be frakked!

I would double check it because 90C is not right.

did it have a plastic cover on it that needed to be removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom