i7 d0 store

Status
Not open for further replies.
no. those 2 sli cards are going to run you $500 plus, not to mention all of the heat that will be generated from that overclocking. it looks to me like that pci sound card could be a possible minor bottleneck since it should be the slowest part of your system. if you are overclocking a E8600 and an i7, I would go with the E8600 simply because it is much better in the price/performance aspect.

lolwut? an i7 kills an e8600. yes the e8600 can hit crazy high clocks but you cant compare the two because the i7 is a quad with hyperthreading, meaning it has 8 cores ( 4 physical, 4 logical) and the e8600 is a dual core.

For the record, i was referring to upgrading a c0/c1 i7 to a d0 i7. An i7 absolutely destroys any chip before it. and yes, being the upgrade retard i am, i will be buying a d0 anyway, because, well, its what i do :p

At the post above me, there IS a difference between a 280 and 285. Practically the same is not "the same". A 280 heatsink will NOT fit a 285.

If you actually check the one i am reffering to then you would know that it DOES.
Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme GTX 280 Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme GTX 280 [ACC-GTX280] - $89.00 : PC Case Gear, Quality case accessories and components

Please refer to the special instruction for installing this cooler on a GTX 285 card here.

The only reason the evga classified and other boards have the extra 8x slot for physX is incase say you want to chuck in a 8800gt for physX handling only. When you have spent that much on the board and three cards, you might as well get a measly 8800gt for physX :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom