Where can I buy Thermalright TRUE 120 Black for i7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erebus

Baseband Member
Hi, can someone please link me to a site that sells the Thermalright TRUE 120 Black for LGA 1366 that comes with the bracket? If it comes with a fan that would be great too. If not, please recommend a good fan that is compatible with the TRUE 120.

Thanks!

The scythe s-flex fans are good fans if your looking for a good balance of performance (cfm) and noise. If you haven't already bought the 120 it would be worth considering either the sunbeam core contact or xigmatek s1283 cooler, which are just about as good and cost a fair bit less

In hefs post he linked this, Petra's Tech Shop
this is the bracket which will allow your to mount the 120 cooler on the i7 socket.

You are correct that is why the link below has the 1366 mounting bracket.
The bracket is not attached to the TRUE so that is all you need to mount it to an i7.

Haven't bought the 120 yet, but I've already decided on it (spent way too much time researching on it to not buy it).

Btw, how is the push pull setup? I've heard mixed reactions about using two fans for the TRUE.

About the Scythe S-Flex fans, what's a good RPM for the perfect performance/noise combination? They have 800, 1200, 1600, and 1900.

On mine I would say i dropped temps 2 to 4C. Nothing major but every little bit helps. It is not necessary unless you are looking to eek that last little bit of performance out of your cpu.

I just realized you wanted the black, I only found this site Thermalright TRUE Black 120 Rev.A CPU Cooler which has it for 80, which is a bit hefty, please note that the BLACK is no different from the normal true except it includes a new fan mounting bracket and comes 1366 ready, its just the same cooler but with a coating of black paint. which really makes it worse if you think about it.

you probably woulnd't want to go any higher then 1600rpm and about 26dB, get one with as much CFM you can find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom