Recycling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothch1ck

Daemon Poster
So I finally am breaking down... I have too much junk... if I want to "start clean" i need to get rid of - a lot - of old stuff.

Here is a problem though. I live in Missouri - Independence would be the closest city, I am having a hard time finding a place to recycle or "get rid of" all the junk I need gone..

The List Of Stuff:
3 old power supplies
at least 1 old case - mini tower sized
3 CRT Monitors
1-19" TV (works, sorta.. friend said it "turns itself off" although I've never seen it do it)
Laptop (LCD is broken/dark - everything else seems to work fine)

I was keeping stuff around like this in case I decided to get artistic and create something, or fix something up, or something like that... but at this point I just want SPACE.

Shipping anywhere would be quite expensive for this, CRTs and TVs aren't exactly weight friendly and are Fragile.

So I need a place I can drive to and drop them off.. with very little or no charge to do so. It seems wasteful to just trash them , so I figured Recycling would be the way to go. Any suggestions?

Lolz yea it has VGA but I really don't use it because I hate having CRTs around - big heavy and hot things. My room is already 80's when the house is 70 - I don't need more heat.. and laptops are to be portable for what I need... carrying around a CRT isn't exactly "portable".

Him?

If you all are serious about the laptop stuff we might discuss a "sale" in the appropriate places - mostly to cover shipping it.

You could send money via paypal to my roomy, since he's always using paypal.

Condition of the laptop:
Not fantastic. I think the previous owner opened it up to mess with it and broke the plastic, the Floppy drive does not work at all, and the screen is dead (nearly completely black when you boot it up) If Possible I would like to keep the.. i think 60GB harddrive (I could put in a 20GB if you need a harddrive)

Can't really ensure functionality of the system so honestly I don't expect to get much more then just shipping coverage for it- but at least someone here would play with it and maybe make it into something neat. ... or maybe just a story of how you threw it off a X story building to watch it shatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom