Most Reliable External HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

almightyobo

In Runtime
Im lookin to get another external HD bc my old one is starting to die and I want to get a new one before I lose everything on it.

I was just wondering what everyone thinks is the most reliable external out right now. Im lookin for one thats either 320 or 500.. I might consider some 1TB plus ones as well if ppl think they are worth it

Any suggestions/opinions are appreciated. Thanks!

The new WDs are okay, but they have overheating problems just like the old ones.

Personally, I like getting an internal and a decent enclosure.

The new WDs are okay, but they have overheating problems just like the old ones.

Personally, I like getting an internal and a decent enclosure.

This is what I would do as well. Get a good external enclosure and a fast internal HDD and put the two together. That way you directly control the size and reliability of the drive as well as cooling options.

thanks for the input!

I dont really know much about external enclosures, could someone recommend me a couple good ones?

I should be able to pick out the hdd my self

A tip on enclosures: don't cheap out on one. I've learned that the hard way. I bought a $60 IcyDock one..works fantastic. Bought a $30 OKGear one...didn't wanna recognize the drive after a few months. Luckily the drive is OK, but the enclosure would not wanna work right.

Gotcha, got any specific recommendations?

Im prob goin w/ the 640G WD Caviar Black from newegg for the hdd

I really kno nothing about enclosures tho so I dont kno which to pick out, Ill avoid getting a cheap one tho

Don't go with a caviar black its an external not a performance drive go with a caviar green or blue. Icydocks are excellent enclosure what kinda connections (esata, firewire, usb, lan) do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom