need urgent help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
xcopy e:\*.* /s/e/f f:\

That is the way you would want to do it with dvd drive e: and flash drive f:

weird my flashdrive changed to G: on its own o_O but regardless your way worked, thanks alot :) the files are copying over, is there anything special i have to do when i hook up the flashdrive to the pc im installing it on? like do i need the vista disk aswell or any special boot options i need to enable/disable? i already have auto detect for usb devices set in the bios. or do i need to insert the bios cd so i can go to dos mode? if so is there any special command i need to enter?

i also hope i did the rest of the steps correct, i used disk one since disk list wouldnt work for me, but i was under the f: when i did it (well now its the G: which i dont think should matter, but i did notice my usb drive had 55mb already used (didnt check it before i did the other steps tho, only afterwords)
actually it says file system fat32 under properties, so im pretty sure i did it correct (that or it came like that) either way guess thats exactly what i needed :)

As long as you have usb devices listed as a boot option you are good to go.

On newer boards this option is listed by default. So just try it first versus messing with bios.

You do not want to have the vista disk in your dvd drive when you do this.

As long as you have usb devices listed as a boot option you are good to go.

On newer boards this option is listed by default. So just try it first versus messing with bios.

You do not want to have the vista disk in your dvd drive when you do this.

will do, if that doesnt work i have an enable feature i can try to use (instead of auto)

btw thanks for all your help this whole time :) you and zmatt are awesome you guys helped me pick out my pc + are helping me get it to a usable state :)

WOOT it worked :) its copying the files to the HDD right now :) altho the HDD only sais 149gig but meh whatever. ive had this laptop for 2 years and ive only managed to use 70gigs heh and i dont plan on having much if any clutter on my HDD (altho my wife is forcing me to hook up the printer to the new pc, so i guess all those pics, which is over 20gigs worth is going on this pc :( )
i just need to figure out which keyboard to use for this pc, right now i got the old school one hooked up because it was the first one i grabbed. then i need to get a mic and eventually a new case and ill be all set :) later down the road i might have you guys help me pick a nice case, i have one in mind though, but i think i might want something with more room in it for future upgrades so the one i have in mind might not be a good idea for future upgrades. that or if i did upgrade(talking 3+ years) ide just end up giving this pc to my wife, like i am with my laptop(except im taking it with me on days i go on military leave for more than 3 days)

but anywho, you guys rock so much. my next challenge i might need help with(but hopefully not) will be getting all my drivers installed, i believe hef is the one that recommended going to the asus website before updating vista, so i think ill do that so i wont have the headache i did with my last build of xp giving me all the wrong drivers and having over 15 re formats before i realized what the problem with my video card was heh(also the cd the video card came with messed me up too, so im going to put all my cds up and do what was recommended just to be safe)

i just hope i can get my internet working without using a cord(as i dont have one here, everything i own is wireless) so if my dynex wirless usb adapter works ill be all set.

apparently visat 64 bit wont allow me to install my dynex wireless g card... so i cant get any drivers for anything. and that is my only way to connect to the internet. i copied the disk to the usb drive to do the installer since vista still wont read my dvd rom...

What is the exact model of your wireless usb?

give this driver a shot.
http://www.dynexproducts.com/skins/skin_1/Topics/Drivers/DX-EBUSB_2.03.05_Setup.exe

it is a 802.11b/g lp/sc usbeless adapter

ill try different downloads since that one didnt work

here is the exact model http://www.dynexproducts.com/skins/skin_1/Topics/Documents/07-362 DX-BUSB combined - WEB.pdf
Dynex :: Products For Your Digital Life - Dynex Wireless-G USB 2.0 Network Adapter

grr its telling me to plug in the adapter and its already plugged in, i even tried unplugging it and plugging it back on. and i know its not a faulty adapter, because it works just fine with this laptop (which i used the regular install cd with)

i uninstalled the software for the dynex and reinstalled it via download and i had the same problem, so i removed the files and used the disk again and it worked.(on my laptop) still cant get it on the pc though.

ok i moved my modem so its next to my computer(because the only ethernet cord i have is the one that connects my modem to my wireless router) and it still wouldnt connect to the internet, why is that? i know where i have it at right now is a good source, because it is still right now. i simply just unplugged the ethernet cord from the pc and plugged it into the router and my wireless connection is working just fine. also when i plug the cord directly to my laptop it works fine aswell. i looked in my bios and the onboard lan card is enabled so i cant figure out the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom