Vista Doesnt see my hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenyora

Daemon Poster
so before i installed vista i had 3 drive 2 SATA and one IDE, when i installed vista i only had SATA pluged in and formatted one had vitsa and one have my back up , recently i needed something from my IDE drive and when plugged it in i cant see it anywhere under vista , i can see it the bios but not in vitsa , any ideas how to fix this? thanks.

i cant see the drive under disk management, and yeah there is data on it ...but i cant see the drive in bios..

Could be a bad IDE cable, like Hef said look for some bios options - you need to get your BIOS to recognize the drive b4 your OS will.

Also do you have another computer you can try this drive on just to see if the problem follows the drive or just specific to that computer?

as i mentioned when i plug the drive i can see it in my bios(right size brand and everything) just not in vista i mean it was working fine under xp64 but after moving to vista and connecting it it doesn't show up .

here is my current specs
CPU :QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550, 2833 MHz (8.5 x 333)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
Video ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (512 MB)
and i have one IDE(cant be seen) and 2 SATA on channels SATA 1 SATA0(one is a master the other is a slave )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom