Radeon 4870X2 - No video on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adept

Beta member
So a friend and I put together a new rig, fired it up - no visual to my monitor.

Using setup as follows -
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100251SR Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB 512-bit (256-bit x 2) GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards (4870X2)
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EADS 1TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives (WD HDD)
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA780G-UD3H AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards (Gigabyte mobo)
Newegg.com - RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-730SS 730W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Modular LED Power Supply - Power Supplies (PSU)
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops (Processor)
Newegg.com - CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory (RAM 2x)
Newegg.com - Sony Optiarc Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD/CD Rewritable Drive - CD / DVD Burners (DVDRW)
Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases and the case.

So anyway we got everything - connectors have been checked and double checked - PCIe 2x3 and 2x4 have been checked and double checked. And the monitor has been checked and double checked with a different PC. The card is getting power it seems, fan is on and whatnot - and what we're noticing is 3 solid red LEDs on the card.

Any suggestions would be awesome.

I had a problem with that, the power supply wasn't in correctly. There were also some plugs that weren't in

You need to make sure that all the power supply plugs are in correctly

Since that board has onboard video, have you gone into bios and changed that to pci-e?

Do you get monitor signal when connected to the onboard?

Have you tried all the DVI connectors on the card? Because I know for a fact that before I configured my CCC drivers for my 4850X2 I had the same issue. I had to try all four of the DVI ports before I finally found the one that worked. It has something to do with the drivers I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom