i7 gaming rig specs...round 2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a good idea, if it's within your budget to get a samsung monitor,I have heard a couple of members here have minor disputes with the acer monitors, but generally they seem to be great for the price, most people have nice thing to say bout them. Some of the asus models are pretty nice too, and usually pretty cheap. Smart move going to a single monitor setup! 23" or 24" inch is up to you, depends on how much money your have to play with.

Ok, so I'm about to pull the trigger and purchase this beast. Here are the (proposed) final specs:

CASE: Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
CPU/MOBO: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
GFX: Newegg.com - XFX GX285XZWFF GeForce GTX 285 1GB 512-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
PSU: Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
MEM: Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
HD: Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
DVD: Newegg.com - LG Black 22X (CAV) DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X (CAV) DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners
MONITOR: Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 2433BW High Glossy Black 24" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 20000:1(1000:1) - LCD Monitors
CPU Cooler: Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler W/TX-2 - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
Bracket: Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-LGA1366 LGA 1366 Core I7 Retention Bracket - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Price info: Subtotal: $1,674.89
Shipping: $53.32
Promo: -$24.99
Grand Total: $1,703.22

I downloaded and created a Windows 7 64-bit disc waiting for installation. One downside to the video card is that it looks like atm Far Cry 2 is no longer included but COD5 still is. It still says that the game comes with it but it does say "limited offer". I noticed this after I placed it in the shopping cart.

Any last moment suggestions?

Thanks again to everybody for helping me fine tune this purchase!

Lol you so read my mind Hikaricloud! I was trying to make my wife a happy by getting the total price under 1700 and i dropped the HD down to the 500gb. After failing to reach that goal (made it to 1703), I said the same thing you just typed to myself lol. Thanks for the quick response like always :)

Made the purchase. Expecting to see parts coming from Newegg probably Monday. I will update this post after I piece together the computer. You guys are awesome. Thanks again for everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom