Skipping wav files

Status
Not open for further replies.

gospel

In Runtime
In Media Player and other music software I have .wav files skip. The bar continues to move as if the song is playing but the sound goes in and out. This does not happen with MP3 files only .wav files. I use my laptop for performing concerts and playing custom soundtracks so I would rather play .wav files for highest quality. My system is an Intel dual core processor, 2GB of DDR2 RAM, with Vista Home Premium SP1. While playing the songs I have had the performance monitor open and the processor never gets over 7% usage and the RAM tops out at 35% usage. It seems to me with these stats it is not a hardware problem but some kind of software setting. I have tried to disable everything I could that may be taking up RAM or other system resources but the same problem happens.
Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem may be?

What? .wav aren't highest quality, wavs are pretty standard. If you want quality, you need FLAC.

I'm glad you guys established what is the highest quality compressed audio. Now all we have to do is figure out why they are skipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom