downgrade or keep it

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i have a buyer for my 4870x2 video card he is giving me $330 cash.
do u guys think i can get a decent card for around $130 im not a big time gamer i only play racing games.
or should i just keep my 4870x2 video card?

btw my i7 is sold for parts so im basicly downgrading.

Sell your 4870x2 for sure right now since you say your not a big gamer. It's just going to go down in value more and more as dx11 gpu's approach.

And what resolutions do you game at? Because there are cards out there less then $130 that can handle most games. Have you considered downgrading to a 4830,4770,4850 or 8800gt/9800gt? All these cards can be found for under $130. You might also be able to score a 4870 512mb if you look around some forums. I saw one go on techpowerup for $130, but you gotta be quick.

i game at 1680x1050
and DPG991 i reather spend the extra 80$ and be safe for the newer games that will come out.

a local guy offers me a brand new sealed xfx gtx 260 for 160$ he said its new sealed what u guys think?

a local guy offers me a brand new sealed xfx gtx 260 for 160$ he said its new sealed what u guys think?
personally i would spend the extra and get a brand new one, unless you know you can trust this guy, it could also be and old gtx 260 that only has 192 processing cores not 216 liek the news one, so its not worth it.

just go with the xfx mentioned with FC2 and COD5
Newegg.com - XFX GX260NADFF GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
if you rebate it comes to 170, only ten more with two new games to play on it.

I advise getting a newer quad instead, like the e8200, they will overclock to be faster then a q6600 overclocked since they are faster per clock. unless your picking those components up really cheap somewhere.

I advise getting a newer quad instead, like the e8200, they will overclock to be faster then a q6600 overclocked since they are faster per clock. unless your picking those components up really cheap somewhere.

Do you mean q8200? It overclocks horrible.. I would rather have a q6600.

Also, can someone double check this. But I think this is correct.
Q8200= No VT (intel's name for instruction set to support hardware virtualization

Q6600 = has it.

Comparative Tests of Inexpensive Quad-Core Processors (page 10) - X-bit labs

Here is a good comparison to give you an idea. Of how the 2 compare.

If you can afford it though, I would try to go up to one of the higher end 45nm quads. Or if your buying brand new why not go AMD PHII?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom