i7 d0 store

Status
Not open for further replies.

insane84722

In Runtime
Im wanting to get an i7 d0 revision. I found this site via evga forums. Several people have had ordered from it and are happy. Does anyone here have experience with them or or site suggestions? Thanks.

Antares Digital

You can get them on ncixus but there are a fair bit more expensive, this site prices seem ok, i don't see why not. Note that there are no overclocking differences between the two revisions, the only difference i know is that the TJ max is now 93c instead of 100c. It will most likley run slightly cooler, other then that, it wont make any difference i'd say.

Everything that I have seen shows that the D0 runs the same clocks at less vcore than the C0.

Edit: that means it is better

I know, but the i7 I have seems to be a dud, doesnt overclock well and requires too much vcore to do nothing. So, instead of rma'ing, might as well get a d0 and sell this one.

On a hardware related note, is the clock the only difference between the gtx 285 sc and the gtx 285 ftw? I can't o/c the sc much but the ftw seems to have good potential. I'll probably sell the sc and get a ftw too.

On a hardware related note, is the clock the only difference between the gtx 285 sc and the gtx 285 ftw? I can't o/c the sc much but the ftw seems to have good potential. I'll probably sell the sc and get a ftw too.

Dont do that.... just buy an aftermarket cooler if your having issues. Arctic Cooling GTX280 heatsink. Its practically the same card.

I know, but the i7 I have seems to be a dud, doesnt overclock well and requires too much vcore to do nothing. So, instead of rma'ing, might as well get a d0 and sell this one.

not worth it. The extra few mhz you get with a FTW wont make much difference in games. As far as the d0 goes, if you can get one, its worth it over a c0 if you are going for 4.5ghz+. I'm still staking out Microcenter for when they get one in. Both of the i7's i have bought in the last month to replace the one i killed have been crappy. Takes almost 1.5v to get 4.2ghz stable, where as my old one was stable at 1.4v :(

At the post above me, there IS a difference between a 280 and 285. Practically the same is not "the same". A 280 heatsink will NOT fit a 285.

Thanks. I will be getting a d0. I'll keep the video card and get another for SLI as planned.

On another note, again... what is the difference between the evga x58 sli and classified?

The biggest difference is the power handling. The classified can handle up to 600w to the cpu. It has dual 8pin connections. Also it has room for a sound card, tri-sli and physx card.

Would it be worth considering if overclocking to 4ghz+ with 2 sli cards? Also, does the gtx 285 have physx or would I need another card for that?

Via evga forums, people say it runs at x16 x16 x8 x8, since my sound card is regular pci, the 2nd card would block it, so doesn't look like a possibility anyway as long as the x58 sli can o/c to 4ghz.

I agree, the only reason why i7 is such a hot processor is because it's new, but for price/performance in terms of upgrade, it is not worth it.

Yup........that's exactly it................

it looks to me like that pci sound card could be a possible minor bottleneck since it should be the slowest part of your system. if you are overclocking a E8600 and an i7, I would go with the E8600 simply because it is much better in the price/performance aspect.

I'm going to be nice and point out what you just said and let others comment on it. I'm biting my toungue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom