Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P/Powersupply

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenyora

Daemon Poster
i recently bought the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P which requires 2x4 12v ATX connector, my current psu is this Antec - TP-II 550 as far as i can tell it only have one or am i wrong ? and if that was the case is there a convertor i can get or am i looking at a new PSU? thanks

:s Think you mean a 20+4 Atx connector which the Antec TP2 does have. You only need one connector to the motherboard the second goes into the motherboard but is actually for the cpu its normally 8 pin but you can use a 4 pin connector if your only using a core2duo.

i was actually referring to 8 pin for the cpu :) , my cpu is a core 2 quad 9550 so i a4 pin enough?

According to newegg, you psu does have a 8pin ATX connector so you will be ifne. Also you can usually use 4 pin fine but for overclocking and the like it's better to have the 8 pin, you can always buy a converter if you need to, the 8pin is actually on the same line of cables as the 4pin as well, it is linked on the line just before the 4pin is.

if you intend to do any voltage increases you'll need the 8 pin,

I own the same board and after installing it I didn't fully push the second part of the 8pin assembly end and got power errors as soon as I went to increase voltage.

after I realized i didn't push the connector hard enough and fixed that I was pushing ahead in no time.

and my cpu isn't power hungry by any means (e5200)

and maybe the psu was modified to accommodate an 8 pin connector after he purchased his, it can happen.

i couldn't find the 8 pin for the life of me i took the whole thing out and took all my sleves off..nope don't have an 8 pin , th reason i am asking if 4 pin is enough is because i bought a game called demigod and during that game my pc would turn to a black screen and just hang repeating the last audio clip which after going through allot of threads i found that the pc might not be getting enough power which at this point i doubt is the case .i use a psu calc and i am way under the required voltage so at this point i am lost to what might be the problem...any ideas would very helpfull..
thanks

well I could run at stock speeds with the 4 pin but your proc is a qaud and therefore needs more juice, I would definitely say it's because you don't have an 8-pin.

even though it might not be needed at stock it's better off to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

so i guess i am looking at new psu ? i just want to make sure before i go buying a psu for nothing...

-------------------------------------

i just ran Prime 95 on 4 core using large FFT for maximum power consumption and i wasn't able to recreate the same problem but when running that game it happens again, so it could be not a psu issue or is that irrelevant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom