Can a Cooler Master V8 fit a CM 690?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erebus

Baseband Member
Tried Googling but can't find any answers. :(

Also, would you guys recommend the 690 for an i7 build? It would fit my budget better than a full tower, and I like smaller towers anyway. However, I'm just worried if it'll fit the GTX 200 cards well and future cards (like the 300 series).

I wouldn't recommend the V8 in general. ;) But I think it will fit in the 690. Maybe someone else knows from personal experience.

The dark knight you selected is a great cooler, And yes it fits socket 1366 out of box, some of the other cooler need a special bracket which is just another product on newegg. Both coolers will fit in the coolermaster 690, but the dark knight is a better choice since the v8 is overpriced.

The only other cooler to take into consideration is this
Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler W/TX-2 - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-LGA1366 LGA 1366 Core I7 Retention Bracket - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
It is 10 more because you need the bracket but it is slightly better and comes with tx-2 thermal paste which is the best paste at the moment. If money is important just go with the Dark knight, you wont even notice a difference between the two.

Both coolers will fit in the coolermaster 690, but the dark knight is a better choice since the v8 is overpriced..

Yes they will fit in the case but if the dark knight or Core-Contact is the same size as my vendetta 2 then he will lose the fan on the side for sure and he don't want that.

I had to take out the fan on my 690 when i installed my vendetta as its about 1/2 inch too long :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom