might upgrade to 4GB or 6GB from 3GB when i get Windows 7, worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OCZ FTW! i would def get the OCZ, nice heatsink and OK timings. why dont you get some 1066MHz ram?

if i could easily OC to that 1066 with any of these sets, there is no need for me to spend more for 1066. I've looked, not as interested especially when i can get best bang for buck out of these RAM kits.

question, what about the voltage? Should the voltage be lower so i can make it easier to OC to 1066 frequency?

My old HZ's ran at 2.2v and they overclocked to 1100 easy. They probably could have gone further but my cpu couldn't overclock for **** so I never bothered.

Out of those, the Reapers are your best bet...I would get PI Blacks if they didn't go up to 60 bucks.

Um, no. I'm running 4GB, Mak is running 3GB. We both run just perfectly fine. I'm using up 1.4GB with ~60 processes running.

It depends on the games you're running. And remember, Win7 still uses SuperFetch which preloads programs into RAM, and dumps them as the system needs RAM.

Guarantee you're never gonna use 8GB of RAM unless you're doing CAD work.

The requirements won't change much, if at all. THey haven't changed from the Beta to the RC with all teh tweaks that have been done and its pretty much ready to release now. And it is a small OS; Win7 Ultimate with quite a few of my basic programs I use a lot, as well as some downloaded things, I'm using up 17.7GB (including a 4GB of virtual memory). Much better than Vista.

Agreed with this post, except... (sorry to kind of hijack the thread a bit)

When I installed win7 a while ago, not the RC, on a 50gb Partition just to try it out... It filled it up right after installing it. I didn't install any other programs either....
This wasn't really a turn off as I have 1tb internal, and plenty of storage externally. Any idea why I had that happen to me? I will probably install win7 RC on my next reformat instead of vista ultimate.

Stick with 4Gb now. Upgrade to 4+ once Windows 7 comes out if you feel that it's required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom