When will the GTX 295 be in stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well it will still be a while before the GT300 architecture is fully ready for mass release and has stable drivers.

as it stands
1. SLI GTX285 ~$700-$800
2. SLI GTX280 ~$560-$720
3. SLI GTX275 ~$540-$600
4. GTX295 ~$530
5. SLI GTX260 ~$400-$440
(price depends on cards chosen)

now every card from every company will overclock differently
so if you really like to push your money to it's limits you can make the SLI GTX260 combo fly just as good as the GTX295

you can push SLI GTX275's to the performance level of the GTX280's in SLI and maybe even the GTX285's but you can also OC the GTX280 SLI and GTX285 SLI to amazing levels.

when it comes down to it you really get what you pay for.

I would look up as many reviews as you could on the cards to catch your eye.

Being as this is a very wide and intricate market don't forget to consider the red team's monster, the HD4890 (;

Thanks again for the help everyone. I try asking around the same questions on other forums, but I just don't seem to get that warm (lol) feeling like I do here. May be because it's a much smaller community here.

But back to the cards, I've been thinking hard and I may bite on two 285s for SLI for this rig's life cycle (maybe one upgrade) and just forget about waiting around for the GT300 for the foreseeable future. Think it's a good idea? It'll push my budget a lot, but this setup is very impressive in all of the benchmarks I've seen. And besides, the 300 series can't be a huge jump in performance from two GTX 285s, right?

Thanks again for the help everyone. I try asking around the same questions on other forums, but I just don't seem to get that warm (lol) feeling like I do here. May be because it's a much smaller community here.

But back to the cards, I've been thinking hard and I may bite on two 285s for SLI for this rig's life cycle (maybe one upgrade) and just forget about waiting around for the GT300 for the foreseeable future. Think it's a good idea? It'll push my budget a lot, but this setup is very impressive in all of the benchmarks I've seen. And besides, the 300 series can't be a huge jump in performance from two GTX 285s, right?

well it is supose to double performence of the 285's so 285's are as close as you will get. also maybe even add a third later for tri sli. tri sli 285's are way faster then 2 295's btw.

nVidia is claiming that the GT300 series will be twice as fast...we'll see about that. But the 285s in SLI will more than suit your needs for a while, and by the time you need to upgrade, the GT300 series will be cheaper than at launch. So it works out. ;)

I hear tri SLI is really poorly optimized though (even getting lower FPS than the same SLI setup in some games).

But man, double the performance? That's hard to turn down. Do you guys know what the price might be at launch?

I hear tri SLI is really poorly optimized though (even getting lower FPS than the same SLI setup in some games).

But man, double the performance? That's hard to turn down. Do you guys know what the price might be at launch?

from what i have seen in the last few years i dotnt e ver plan to buy a new gen card at launch. buy the 285's and wait for the gt 300 refresh. the 285 is the refresh of the 280. and the g92 is teh refresh of the g80. the refresh cards have always performed great and have been considerably cheap. imo get the sli 285's wait for the gt300 refresh.

It depends how often he wants to upgrade. Isn't ATI planning on bringing out the HD 5000 cards in July? That should mean Nvidia's 300 series shouldn't be far behind. I would wait.

Btw poison, I watched that flamewar vid in your sig. It is a good vid, but no one says I hate gays when they see hot lesbians. The obviously didn't know what to say there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom